Good data analysis can challenge misconception. United Way is a hub for and provides oversight of a database called, Charity Tracker Plus, which helps human service agencies and benevolence programs tell a more accurate story of their delivery of services. To use this database, agencies become part of the Martinsville-Henry County Assistance Network, resulting in captured community data, stronger case management and a more formalized referral process in the community. Participating agencies use summary information gleaned from the database either individually or in partnership for grant writing and reporting and future safety net planning.
As of September 23, 2016, the following agencies and programs are part of the Martinsville-Henry County Assistance Network:
- Community Fellowship & Dream Center
- Grace Network
- Edwards Adult Day Center
- Martinsville-Henry County Coalition for Health & Wellness
- Martinsville City Police Department
- Pregnancy Care Center of Martinsville-Henry County
- Smart Beginnings Martinsville Henry
- Southern Area Agency on Aging
- STEP, Inc.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church-Reach Out Program
- The Salvation Army
- Virginia Workforce Center in Martinsville-Henry County
Since the network's inception in July of 2013 to April 28, 2017, 13,228 individuals have been served by participating agencies and $1,757,049 of assistance.
For more information about the Assistance Network, contact Crystal Flannagan-Terrell, our Community Impact Coordinator, 276.403.5964.