United Way of Henry County & Martinsville provides the area with numerous opportunities to volunteer within our organization and with our many partner agencies. Within United Way, we welcome your time and talents to do one or more of the following:
- Serve on our Community Investment Committee, vetting competitive grant proposals for our Board of Directors' consideration to fund (more than $700,000 was disbursed from the 2015-2016 Campaign)
- Become a Volunteer Income Assistance (VITA) Program member, providing free income tax preparation assistance to eligible individuals and families and ensuring they receive all of the tax credits and deductions available to them, or a financial mentor, helping our current and emerging workforce attain the confidence needed to confront their financial matters through Financial Capability at Work or our Money Management Mentoring Program
- Participate in our annual Dollar and Sense Reality Fair, exposing high school seniors to the costs associated with real life
- Volunteer 20 minutes during our annual Day of Reading, reading to area summer camps, educational programs, childcare centers and libraries to demonstrate the importance of reading during the summer months
- Volunteer during our signature event, Day of Action, joining community-wide effort to complete meaningful projects at our schools, childcare centers and partnering agencies
We also have invested in a GET CONNECTED database that can match your talents and interests within the community. More than 40 agencies are registered seeking volunteers.
To learn more, please contact Joanie Petty, 276.403.5964.