Important Facility Update
We at United Way of Henry County & Martinsville have been monitoring the ongoing health crisis our country faces with the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. Following the interim guidance from Virginia Department of Health, we have remained open and have worked to provide hygienic environments and make sure our staff, volunteers, and participants stay healthy. Our Leadership Team has been monitoring the Centers for Disease Control, the Virginia Department of Health, United Way World Wide, America, and Virginia Updates, and other organizations daily to ensure we are kept well informed on prevention measures and are prepared for the potential impacts of the COVID-19 virus. While we don’t have all the answers today, our United Way of Henry County and Martinsville is committed to providing regular updates regarding our community and available resources.
Based on what we learned from health and government officials and other United Ways, we are making policy and operational changes to prevent the spread of illness. While our United Way office remains open, we feel it is best to take precautions, which will continue until further notice.
Beginning on Monday, March 23rd 2020, our office will move to mostly remote work with one staff person in office daily. We will continue to provide updates as they become available and are actively working to engage local partners to keep updated on available resources to meet local needs.
We hope that taking extra precautions reduces overall exposure to the virus. Please continue to practice good hygiene for you and your families, and take seriously any guidance from the Centers for Disease Control or Virginia Department of Health, such as:
• Practice “Social Distancing” by putting space between yourself and others
• Proper hand washing, regularly (if no soap and water is available, use at least 60% alcohol hand sanitizer)
• Cleaning surfaces at home with disinfectant
• Staying away from at-risk individuals when possible
• Staying home/isolated if you are ill
• Know the symptoms of COVID-19: fever, dry cough, shortness of breath
• Limit events and meetings that require close contact
• Do not routinely shake hands in public
• Avoid touching your face or sharing household items
• Cough or sneeze into a tissue or inside of your elbow / throw used tissues in the trash
We will be regularly checking our office voicemail and all staff can be reached via email.
Click Here to Access United Way of HCM Staff Contact Information
Together, we can fight for the health of every person in MHC. Together, we can win.