Good data analysis can challenge misconception. United Way is a hub for and provides oversight of a database called, Charity Tracker Plus, which helps human service agencies and benevolence programs tell a more accurate story of their delivery of services. To use this database, agencies become part of the Martinsville-Henry County Assistance Network, resulting in captured community data, stronger case management and a more formalized referral process in the community. Participating agencies use summary information gleaned from the database either individually or in partnership for grant writing and reporting and future safety net planning.
The following agencies and programs are part of the Martinsville-Henry County Assistance Network:
- Community Fellowship & Dream Center
- Grace Network
- Edwards Adult Day Center
- Martinsville-Henry County Coalition for Health & Wellness
- Martinsville City Police Department
- Pregnancy Care Center of Martinsville-Henry County
- Smart Beginnings Martinsville Henry
- Southern Area Agency on Aging
- STEP, Inc.
- St. Joseph Catholic Church-Reach Out Program
- The Salvation Army
- Virginia Career Works
Since the network's inception in July of 2013 to August of 2017, nearly 14,000 individuals have been served by participating agencies and more than $1.92 million of assistance.
For more information about the Assistance Network, contact Lisa Frick, our Community Impact Coordinator, 276.403.5965.